UK: FiveG ethical sock collection launches
The sock range is available for GBP8 (US$12.4) per pair online from SockShop
Former Olympic rower Sir Steve Redgrave has launched a range of sports socks called FiveG, which is made from sustainable African cotton and manufactured in the UK.
The launch is part of Redgrave's collaboration with the Aid by Trade Foundation's Cotton made in Africa (CmiA) initiative.
The initiative, which is currently running in six African countries, aims to improve the living conditions for African smallholder farmers by creating an alliance of international textile firms, who purchase and process the sustainably-produced cotton.
The men's sock range is available from today (5 July), for GBP8 (US$12.4) per pair online from SockShop.
Last year, some 15m textiles produced from Cotton made in Africa cotton entered the market. It is anticipated that for 2012, the figure will reach around 20m. As well as the FiveG brand, Puma, C&A and Tom Tailor are also participating in the CmiA initiative.
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were Ranjan Mahtani, CEO of Epic Group; Henry Tan, CEO of Luen Thai Holdings; Andrew Lo, CEO of Crystal Group; and Marks & Spencer's K...
Among the most-read analysis articles on just-style in 2012 were stories relating to the clothing industry in Burma, the importance of speed to market, and the future of the UK apparel manufacturing i...
South Korean baby and children's wear retailer Suhyang Networks has been acquired by privately held Fung Retailing....
Tory Burch has revealed that two investment firms will acquire minority stakes in the luxury clothing company, settling a legal dispute between the founder and her former husband Christopher Burch. ...
Specialty chemicals group Clariant has signed an agreement to sell its textile chemicals business as well as two other divisions to private investment firm SK Capital as it looks to reposition its por...
Off-price retail group The TJX Companies has acquired online outdoor clothing, footwear and accessories retailer Sierra Trading Post for US$200m....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019