USA: Florsheim Begins Closing Down Sales At 131 Stores
Florsheim Shoes has retained the services of asset disposition company Hilco Merchant Resources to help liquidate the inventory of 131 Florsheim Shoe Stores across 33 states. The 110-year-old shoe maker and retailer applied for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on 5 March after four years of losses. It agreed to sell its domestic wholesale business, related assets and some of its retail stores to Weyco Group Inc for around $47m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores