US: Florsheim to launch shoe line with Duckie Brown
Weyco Group Inc, the maker of Florsheim Shoes, is launching a co-branded men's shoe collection in conjunction with apparel designer Duckie Brown.
The shoes, branded 'Florsheim By Duckie Brown,' will be introduced to retailers this autumn priced between $200 and $300.
Duckie Brown is a small men's wear design firm led by Steven Cox in London and Daniel Silver in Toronto, which is available in just 18 stores worldwide, according to the Wall Street Journal.
John Florsheim, president of Weyco Group, told the paper that the shoe collection is "an oddball mix. You're taking a couture blend with a mainstream American brand."
The shoes will be sold in Florsheim's 39 stores nationwide and in 'upper tier' retailers.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective