USA: Foot Locker Names CEO Serra Chairman, Posts Q3 Upturn
Serra, who will continue to serve as CEO and president of the company, replaces J Carter Bacot in the chairman role.
Bacot will remain a member of the Foot Locker board, becoming lead director when Serra takes the chairman post in February.
Meanwhile, the company has posted earnings of $62 million for the third quarter, up from $45m in the same period of last year.
The positive result came despite an ongoing pricing dispute with footwear firm Nike Inc, which has kept Nike's high-end shoes off Foot Locker shelves since December 2002.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Independent music label Dischord Records has forced sportswear giant Nike Inc to apologise for unlawfully using artwork from a punk-rock record cover in a promotional campaign for skateboarding appar...
Nike Inc, the world's biggest athletic-shoe maker, said fourth-quarter earnings rose 15 percent, encouraged by sales of high- priced Air Jordan and Shox sneakers....
Shoe chain Payless ShoeSource Inc has secured Matthew Rubel, a former executive of sportswear giant Nike Inc, as its new chief executive officer from July onwards....
Men's and women's apparel company Perry Ellis International Inc has named Al Derago senior vice president of the Nike swim division, effective today....
Athletic goods retailer Foot Locker has named Keith Daly as president and chief executive officer of its Foot Locker Europe division, and has promoted Marla Anderson to be president and chief executiv...
Sportswear giant Nike Inc has warned football club Manchester United that it may pull out of their £303 million sponsorship deal if the club doesn't improve its performance....
Athletic goods retailer Foot Locker Inc said its first-quarter sales and income rose, driven by its combined US store businesses which benefited from increased sales of higher-priced marquee footwear....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective