US: Foot Locker Q4 earnings and sales climb
- Q4 earnings climb 19%
- Net sales up 4.6%
Foot Locker said it achieved its best-ever financial results
Foot Locker saw earnings and sales climb in the fourth quarter thanks to a number of initiatives implemented by the US speciality athletic retailer to drive the business.
Net income in the three months ended 1 February amounted to US$121m, an increase of 19% on the prior year period.
Sales were up 4.6% to $1.79bn, while comparable-store sales increased 5.3%.
"The driver in achieving our best-ever financial results was the excellent execution by our team of the many initiatives we have underway," said CEO Ken Hicks.
"I am very proud of the progress that the entire team at Foot Locker Inc is making towards reaching our long term goals and objectives. While we accomplished a great deal in 2013, we have many more opportunities to improve the business further."
Long-term, the company said it is eyeing opportunities such as its store remodel programme, expansion in Europe, and technology investments.
Canadean's "Foot Locker, Inc. : Retail - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview,...
Introduction Footwear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). ......
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Athletic Footwear market to grow at a CAGR of 1.75 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasi...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details