US: Foot Locker Q4 earnings and sales climb
- Q4 earnings climb 19%
- Net sales up 4.6%
Foot Locker said it achieved its best-ever financial results
Foot Locker saw earnings and sales climb in the fourth quarter thanks to a number of initiatives implemented by the US speciality athletic retailer to drive the business.
Net income in the three months ended 1 February amounted to US$121m, an increase of 19% on the prior year period.
Sales were up 4.6% to $1.79bn, while comparable-store sales increased 5.3%.
"The driver in achieving our best-ever financial results was the excellent execution by our team of the many initiatives we have underway," said CEO Ken Hicks.
"I am very proud of the progress that the entire team at Foot Locker Inc is making towards reaching our long term goals and objectives. While we accomplished a great deal in 2013, we have many more opportunities to improve the business further."
Long-term, the company said it is eyeing opportunities such as its store remodel programme, expansion in Europe, and technology investments.
Vital industry-specific data including metrics, benchmarks, historic numbers, growth rates and forecasts that will save countless hours of research....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)