USA: Footstar Names New CEO for its Just for Feet Division
Footstar, Inc. (NYSE: FTS) today announced the appointment of Jeffrey A. Gordon as President and Chief Executive Officer of its Just For Feet division. Mr. Gordon has over 26 years of experience in the retail, merchandising and buying arena. He joined Footstar in December, 1997 as Senior Vice President, General Merchandise Manager of its Meldisco division. In that capacity, he has been responsible for directing and managing the merchandising organization. In addition, Mr. Gordon was responsible for all marketing and sales promotion activities. Mickey Robinson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Footstar, said, "I am very pleased to promote Jeff Gordon to the position of President and CEO of our recently acquired Just For Feet business. Jeff is a proven leader who has accomplished a lot in his short tenure with our Company, contributing to two of Meldisco's most successful years in the Company's history. We look forward to his experience and leadership as we solidify Just For Feet's position as the leading national off-mall athletic retail chain." Prior to joining Meldisco, Mr. Gordon served as Senior Vice President, General Merchandise Manager at Montgomery Ward, Chicago, IL. He also served as Vice President, General Manager at the Fayva Shoe Division of Morse Shoe, Canton, MA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020