USA: Footstar Names New CEO for its Just for Feet Division
Footstar, Inc. (NYSE: FTS) today announced the appointment of Jeffrey A. Gordon as President and Chief Executive Officer of its Just For Feet division. Mr. Gordon has over 26 years of experience in the retail, merchandising and buying arena. He joined Footstar in December, 1997 as Senior Vice President, General Merchandise Manager of its Meldisco division. In that capacity, he has been responsible for directing and managing the merchandising organization. In addition, Mr. Gordon was responsible for all marketing and sales promotion activities. Mickey Robinson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Footstar, said, "I am very pleased to promote Jeff Gordon to the position of President and CEO of our recently acquired Just For Feet business. Jeff is a proven leader who has accomplished a lot in his short tenure with our Company, contributing to two of Meldisco's most successful years in the Company's history. We look forward to his experience and leadership as we solidify Just For Feet's position as the leading national off-mall athletic retail chain." Prior to joining Meldisco, Mr. Gordon served as Senior Vice President, General Merchandise Manager at Montgomery Ward, Chicago, IL. He also served as Vice President, General Manager at the Fayva Shoe Division of Morse Shoe, Canton, MA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar