USA: Footstar Names New CEO for its Just for Feet Division
Footstar, Inc. (NYSE: FTS) today announced the appointment of Jeffrey A. Gordon as President and Chief Executive Officer of its Just For Feet division. Mr. Gordon has over 26 years of experience in the retail, merchandising and buying arena. He joined Footstar in December, 1997 as Senior Vice President, General Merchandise Manager of its Meldisco division. In that capacity, he has been responsible for directing and managing the merchandising organization. In addition, Mr. Gordon was responsible for all marketing and sales promotion activities. Mickey Robinson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Footstar, said, "I am very pleased to promote Jeff Gordon to the position of President and CEO of our recently acquired Just For Feet business. Jeff is a proven leader who has accomplished a lot in his short tenure with our Company, contributing to two of Meldisco's most successful years in the Company's history. We look forward to his experience and leadership as we solidify Just For Feet's position as the leading national off-mall athletic retail chain." Prior to joining Meldisco, Mr. Gordon served as Senior Vice President, General Merchandise Manager at Montgomery Ward, Chicago, IL. He also served as Vice President, General Manager at the Fayva Shoe Division of Morse Shoe, Canton, MA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing