USA: Footstar Suffers June Sales Slip
Shoe chain Footstar Inc on Tuesday posted a 0.4 per cent slip in June same-store sales and said total sales for last month fell 6.6 per cent to $224.3 million from $240.2m in the year-ago period. The New York-based company said in a news release that comparable-store sales for June at its Meldisco division rose 0.5 per cent, but comparable-store sales for its athletic segment fell 1.7 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again