USA: Footstar To Exit Athletic Footwear Business
The New York-based company, which earlier this month filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, cited no new supplies from its largest vendor Nike Inc as a factor in the move.
In accordance with past business practices, Nike has not supplied Footstar with any new shipments for more than 75 days.
However, Footstar said the move would allow it to focus on its Meldisco business, which operates more than 2500 footwear sections in Kmart Holdings Corp and Wal-Mart Stores Inc outlets.
The Meldisco business, which operates under the Thom McAn trade name, has struggled since Kmart closed about 600 stores under its own Chapter 11 reorganisation.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Datacolor has opened an office in Bentonville, Arkansas dedicated to serving as a "Color Resource Center" for Wal-Mart and its suppliers and vendors....
Men's and women's apparel company Perry Ellis International Inc has named Al Derago senior vice president of the Nike swim division, effective today....
Sportswear giant Nike Inc has warned football club Manchester United that it may pull out of their £303 million sponsorship deal if the club doesn't improve its performance....
US retail giant Wal-Mart says it plans to expand its retail and export operations in China in 2005, with up to 15 store openings and Chinese exports worth $18 billion anticipated, AFX News reported....
Retail giant Wal-Mart has missed expectations with a disappointing set of first-quarter results....
Nike Inc, the world's biggest athletic apparel maker, has started selling shoes in Wal-Mart under its new Starter brand....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts