USA: Footstar To Sell Distribution Centre For $20m
Shoe retailer Footstar Inc has agreed to sell its distribution centre in Mira Loma, California for about $20 million.
It will also outsource certain warehousing and distribution operations as it focuses on its Meldisco retail business.
The Mira Loma facility will be acquired by Alere Property Group LLC which will, in turn, lease the land and buildings to FMI International LLC, a third-party provider of logistics services to the fashion, footwear and retail industries.
FMI will purchase the materials handling equipment in the Mira Loma facility, and provide warehousing and distribution services to Footstar's Meldisco division under an eight-year agreement.
Footstar, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in March, also sold all its Footaction and Just For Feet retail stores earlier this year.
The Mira Loma transaction is subject to Bankruptcy Court approval.
Companies: Foot Locker Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Shoe retailer Footstar Inc has had its Chapter 11 reorganisation plan confirmed by the US Bankruptcy Court - and should emerge from bankruptcy on Monday 6 February....
Sports shoe chain Foot Locker's third-quarter income has been damaged 11 per cent by increased European marketing spending....
Sports shoe chain Foot Locker has reported a rise in third-quarter sales, but warned on profit because of hurricane-related expenses....
Sports shoe retailer Foot Locker Inc has suffered a 46 per cent slump in second-quarter profit as good sales on the US market were offset by a lack of demand in Europe....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022