USA: Footstar To Sell Gaffney Distribution Centre For $15m
Retailer Footstar Inc has sold its distribution centre in Gaffney, South Carolina for $15.1 million to distribution and logistics solutions provider Automated Distribution Systems LP.
The transaction is subject to certain closing conditions and Bankruptcy Court approval.
Footstar wound down its operations at the Gaffney distribution centre following the sale of its athletic footwear business in May 2004.
In July the company sold its distribution centre in Mira Loma, California and is now outsourcing all of its warehousing and distribution to FMI International LLC, a third-party provider of logistics services.
Dale W Hilpert, chairman, president and chief executive officer, said: "The sale of the Gaffney facility is important as we continue repositioning our logistics network and strengthening our operations.
"We look forward to completing the sale of this facility while we continue developing a plan of reorganisation so that we can emerge successfully from Chapter 11 and maximise value for all of our stakeholders."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report