VIETNAM: Footwear exports decline 8.8% in H1
Vietnam's footwear exports totalled US$2bn in the first half of the year, representing a year-on-year decline of 8.8%, largely due to the global economic crisis.
The Vietnam Leather and Shoe Association (Lefaso) reported that the exporting activities have seen recovery in the second quarter after deep decline in the first quarter.
Exports to US market during the interim period continued growth though, at 9% in comparison with same period last year.
By Ngo Tuan.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022