INDIA: Footwear firm Dune inks franchise deal with Reliance
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India.
The group will launch the flagship Dune brand in the country during spring/summer 2013. It also looking to launch some of its other brands - which include Pied
a Terre, Bertie and Chelsea Cobbler - in the country too.
"As one of the leading emerging markets, India has been a key territory targeted for development by the Dune Group," said Mohamediqbal Yacoobali, CEO of Dune International.
"In Reliance Brands we found a partner that not only understands and resonates our group’s values but also has a winning combination of people, infrastructure and market muscle that we aspire to have in a partner."
Darshan Mehta, president and CEO of Reliance Brands, added that the Dune brand "comfortably sits in to a segment which rightfully fills the gap for shoes which offer unique design sensibility."
Dune currently operates 45 UK standalone stores and 225 department store concessions in the UK and Europe. It plans to grow to 150 stores by 2015.
Reliance Brands Limited, which is part of the Reliance Industries Group, also has brand partnerships with Brooks Bros, Diesel, Ermenegildo Zegna, Kenneth Cole, Quiksilver, Roxy, Steve Madden, Thomas Pink, Superdry and Timberland.
Fifth & Pacific Companies has reiterated its commitment to its struggling Juicy Couture brand as the apparel firm outlined its goals and priorities for 2013....
Sportswear brand Vince is reportedly exploring an initial public offering (IPO) later this year. ...
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has booked an increase in nine-month sales....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020