INDIA: Footwear firm Dune inks franchise deal with Reliance
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India.
The group will launch the flagship Dune brand in the country during spring/summer 2013. It also looking to launch some of its other brands - which include Pied
a Terre, Bertie and Chelsea Cobbler - in the country too.
"As one of the leading emerging markets, India has been a key territory targeted for development by the Dune Group," said Mohamediqbal Yacoobali, CEO of Dune International.
"In Reliance Brands we found a partner that not only understands and resonates our group’s values but also has a winning combination of people, infrastructure and market muscle that we aspire to have in a partner."
Darshan Mehta, president and CEO of Reliance Brands, added that the Dune brand "comfortably sits in to a segment which rightfully fills the gap for shoes which offer unique design sensibility."
Dune currently operates 45 UK standalone stores and 225 department store concessions in the UK and Europe. It plans to grow to 150 stores by 2015.
Reliance Brands Limited, which is part of the Reliance Industries Group, also has brand partnerships with Brooks Bros, Diesel, Ermenegildo Zegna, Kenneth Cole, Quiksilver, Roxy, Steve Madden, Thomas Pink, Superdry and Timberland.
Fifth & Pacific Companies has reiterated its commitment to its struggling Juicy Couture brand as the apparel firm outlined its goals and priorities for 2013....
Sportswear brand Vince is reportedly exploring an initial public offering (IPO) later this year. ...
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has booked an increase in nine-month sales....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report