INDIA: Footwear firm Dune inks franchise deal with Reliance
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India.
The group will launch the flagship Dune brand in the country during spring/summer 2013. It also looking to launch some of its other brands - which include Pied
a Terre, Bertie and Chelsea Cobbler - in the country too.
"As one of the leading emerging markets, India has been a key territory targeted for development by the Dune Group," said Mohamediqbal Yacoobali, CEO of Dune International.
"In Reliance Brands we found a partner that not only understands and resonates our group’s values but also has a winning combination of people, infrastructure and market muscle that we aspire to have in a partner."
Darshan Mehta, president and CEO of Reliance Brands, added that the Dune brand "comfortably sits in to a segment which rightfully fills the gap for shoes which offer unique design sensibility."
Dune currently operates 45 UK standalone stores and 225 department store concessions in the UK and Europe. It plans to grow to 150 stores by 2015.
Reliance Brands Limited, which is part of the Reliance Industries Group, also has brand partnerships with Brooks Bros, Diesel, Ermenegildo Zegna, Kenneth Cole, Quiksilver, Roxy, Steve Madden, Thomas Pink, Superdry and Timberland.
Fifth & Pacific Companies has reiterated its commitment to its struggling Juicy Couture brand as the apparel firm outlined its goals and priorities for 2013....
Sportswear brand Vince is reportedly exploring an initial public offering (IPO) later this year. ...
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has booked an increase in nine-month sales....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015