ITALY: Footwear Industry Moves Out Of Recession Says ANCI
Antonio Brotini, chairman of ANCI, the Italian footwear manufacturers association, said: "Production has increased by 1.5 per cent according to data from our regular six-monthly sample surveys. These figures are the first sign of a change in the negative period we've been through. Even the fall in exports, heavily negative for the past three years, has slowed considerably, with a figure of only -1.8 per cent in the first five months. But the most encouraging news is the growth in value - 10 per cent - and of average prices, which are up 12.9 per cent."
The ANCI said that it was too early to say whether the Italian industry was moving into a positive cycle and pointed out that there were still problems to be dealt with. The strength of the dollar would encourage greater competition in non-European markets, as well as increasing raw hide prices.
China is considering Italian shoe sector claims that its footwear exports contain toxic chemicals that might pose a threat to humans....
The volume of Italian footwear exports fell by 14.4 per cent year-on-year in the first five months of 2005 according to the latest figures from Italian footwear manufacturers' association ANCI....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis