ITALY: Footwear Industry Moves Out Of Recession Says ANCI
The Italian footwear industry is moving out of the recession that has crippled it for the past three years the Italian footwear manufacturers association said.Antonio Brotini, chairman of ANCI, the Italian footwear manufacturers association, said: "Production has increased by 1.5 per cent according to data from our regular six-monthly sample surveys. These figures are the first sign of a change in the negative period we've been through. Even the fall in exports, heavily negative for the past three years, has slowed considerably, with a figure of only -1.8 per cent in the first five months. But the most encouraging news is the growth in value - 10 per cent - and of average prices, which are up 12.9 per cent."The ANCI said that it was too early to say whether the Italian industry was moving into a positive cycle and pointed out that there were still problems to be dealt with. The strength of the dollar would encourage greater competition in non-European markets, as well as increasing raw hide prices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment