VIETNAM: Footwear Manufacturer To Invest In New Factories
Leading Vietnamese shoe company Bitis is to invest in a shoe factory in China and pump more than VND10 billion ($670,000) into a domestic factory producing leather goods for export. The company, which dominates the domestic market and exports to 40 countries including America, China and the Middle East, now employs 5,000 workers, compared to just 20 when it was founded.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth