USA: Footwear Sales Up In First Half For adidas-Salomon
Net sales of adidas-Salomon in the first half of 2000 increased by 7 per cent to Euro 2.8bn, growing at a much higher rate than last year. However, the increase was substantially due to currency effects. At constant currency rates, net sales would have been virtually flat year-over-year.Sales in all three product divisions increased in the first half of the year. This growth was driven by footwear and hardware, which were up 4 and 25 per cent in the second quarter, bringing first half increases to 6 and 32 per cent respectively. The footwear increase was driven by above-average growth in the basketball, soccer and adventure categories. Apparel sales were flat.Sales for brand adidas in the second quarter were up 2 per cent, which brought sales for the first half to Euro 2.3bn, a 3 per cent increase year-over-year. adidas brand footwear sales in the first half increased by 5 per cent to Euro 1.2bn. adidas Apparel sales were maintained at the previous year's level.Salomon sales continued to show last year's strong growth, increasing by 27 per cent to reach Euro 154m in the first half year. Particularly high increases of summer product categories were recorded in inline skates and outdoor footwear.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022