USA: Footwear Sales Up In First Half For adidas-Salomon
Net sales of adidas-Salomon in the first half of 2000 increased by 7 per cent to Euro 2.8bn, growing at a much higher rate than last year. However, the increase was substantially due to currency effects. At constant currency rates, net sales would have been virtually flat year-over-year.Sales in all three product divisions increased in the first half of the year. This growth was driven by footwear and hardware, which were up 4 and 25 per cent in the second quarter, bringing first half increases to 6 and 32 per cent respectively. The footwear increase was driven by above-average growth in the basketball, soccer and adventure categories. Apparel sales were flat.Sales for brand adidas in the second quarter were up 2 per cent, which brought sales for the first half to Euro 2.3bn, a 3 per cent increase year-over-year. adidas brand footwear sales in the first half increased by 5 per cent to Euro 1.2bn. adidas Apparel sales were maintained at the previous year's level.Salomon sales continued to show last year's strong growth, increasing by 27 per cent to reach Euro 154m in the first half year. Particularly high increases of summer product categories were recorded in inline skates and outdoor footwear.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report