VIETNAM: Footwear Sector Kicked By Global Slump
A recent report from Vietnam's General Statistics Office has confirmed that the global economic slowdown has hit the leather and footwear industries harder than other areas of the local economy. Last month the Vietnam National Leather and Footwear Corporation revealed that the sector was beginning to feel the effects of the global slump, but the latest indications are that the organisation's export arm has hit just 37 per cent of it annual target, and is 27 per cent lower than the same period last year. Footwear has also been pushed out of its position as the country's third highest export earner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020