BELGIUM: Footwear Specific PU System Boosts Sole Performance
A new footwear specific PU system for low density, high hardness unit soles for light casual and leisure shoes has been introduced by Huntsman Polyurethanes.
Suprasec 2904 is said to provide a 20 per cent improvement in flex performance against standard products. Its new formulation provides easy and fast demoulding on all commonly used casting machines. It has high flex performance, abrasion and slip resistance as well as good surface definition. The finished soles have a soft feel and can be easily painted.
André Goyens, European commercial manager footwear, Huntsman Polyurethanes commented: "This is an important development for the low density high hardness unit sole market which is permanently looking for higher quality and productivity. In this very competitive market, each quality gain allows producers to attain new market share."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022