CHINA: Foreign Investment Sought For Silk Dyeing Project
The Anhui Province in Eastern China is seeking around $10m in foreign investment to enable it to import machinery to expand its silk dyeing and printing production lines.
The government in the Province are hoping to be able to recoup the investment within five years following an estimated output of some 10 million metres of chemical fibre silk, silk-like fabrics and real silk.
The majority of the investment will be recouped through the export of 70 per cent of the finished products, with the remaining 30 per cent being sold domestically.
The increase in production is expected to net the Province an annual profit of around 35.59m yuan ($4.3m) before tax with sales of 190m yuan ($22.98m).
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020