THAILAND: Foreign Trade Department Blacklists 100 Exporters
Thailand's foreign trade department has blacklisted 100 apparel exporters found to have fraudulently exported Chinese products to the European Union under Thailand's quota. Customs officials have discovered garments incorrectly listing Thailand as their country of origin.The Thai Garment Manufacturers association has called for swift action to eliminate bogus listing before they damage the country's export image, and because of the potential loss of opportunity to legitimate exporters. Thai garment exports are expected to earn up to US $3.45bn this year, making it the country's second biggest foreign-exchange earner.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores