UK: Former Dewhirst Factory Advertised For Sale
A development agency has taken the unusual step of advertising a clothing factory and its redundant workforce in the national press. The Welsh Development Agency (WDA) is looking for a manufacturer to take on the factory and workers of the Dewhirst plant at Lampeter in Mid Wales. The factory closed at Easter - one of a series of closures by the clothing manufacturer, which has been moving production overseas to low cost wage economies. Production equipment has been removed, but the factory is available, along with a highly skilled workforce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores