US: Former DHL exec to head Walmart Asia
Price, who takes up the post next month, will be responsible for the company's operations in Asia, including China, India and Japan as well as business development in the Asia region.
Based in Walmart's regional office in Hong Kong, he will report directly to Doug McMillon, president and CEO of Walmart International.
The former DHL executive spent more than a decade with Coca-Cola Co in Japan and China - experience which gives him "a history of delivering results in the Asian markets," according to McMillon.
"He knows the countries, he knows the customers, he knows how to run a business and he knows the region's potential. We are eager to leverage his insight and capabilities to further our efforts in this region."
Walmart has more than 100,000 employees in Asia and around 630 units in China, India and Japan.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US retail giant Wal-Mart struck an upbeat note on the performance of its namesake US business today (18 February), despite posting a decline in sales during the fourth quarter....
Wal-Mart Stores has said it has settled a sexual discrimination lawsuit it was facing over application and transfer requests at its Walmart Distribution Center in London, Kentucky....
Wal-Mart Stores Inc has opened new headquarters in South Florida for the company's Latin America operations, and named former Wal-Mart de Mexico boss as its regional president and CEO....
Wal-Mart plans to remodel or open up to 40 "supercentres" in Canada this year, the head of the US retailer's local arm has revealed. ...
Wal-Mart has confirmed that its Japanese unit is eyeing acquisitions as a long-term strategy to fuel growth in the saturated market....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective