US: Former Guess exec joins Lucky Brand as CEO
Lucky Brand Jeans has appointed former Guess executive Carlos Alberini as its chief executive officer.
Alberini joins Lucky Brand as the business transitions to a new owner following its sale by parent company Fifth & Pacific Companies to Leonard Green & Partners this week.
He will join Lucky Brand from Restoration Hardware Holdings where he has resigned from his post as co-CEO with effect from 31 January. He succeeds David DeMattei in his new role.
Prior to joining Restoration Hardware in June 2010, Alberini held the position of president and COO of apparel company Guess.
"I have been presented with an opportunity to fulfill my lifelong dream to run and build a company," he said. "Leaving Restoration Hardware has been one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made in my career. I am honored and thrilled that I will continue to have the opportunity to serve on the board, and plan to remain a significant shareholder in what I believe will be recognized as one of the greatest retail stories of all time."
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Exercise equipment specialist Life Fitness is expanding into activewear after agreeing a new licensing deal with apparel maker Amiee Lynn Inc....
Fifth & Pacific Companies has completed the sale of Lucky Brand Jeans to an affiliate of private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners, in a deal worth US$225m....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy