USA: Former Licensee Alleges Guess? Inc Operates Illegal Franchises
The former licensee of Baby Guess and Guess Home Collections, seeking to overturn a $7.7 million arbitration award, filed suit on June 19 in Superior Court charging that Guess? Inc, the Los Angeles-based apparel retailer, has been operating illegal franchises. Pour le Bebe Inc (PLB), Guess?'s largest licensee for 15 years until its four licenses were suddenly revoked in May 1999 over a controversial royalty dispute, alleges that the agreements between the two companies were in fact illegal franchises, thereby nullifying the recent finding of an arbitration panel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Britain’s Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trad
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022