USA: Former Licensee Alleges Guess? Inc Operates Illegal Franchises
The former licensee of Baby Guess and Guess Home Collections, seeking to overturn a $7.7 million arbitration award, filed suit on June 19 in Superior Court charging that Guess? Inc, the Los Angeles-based apparel retailer, has been operating illegal franchises. Pour le Bebe Inc (PLB), Guess?'s largest licensee for 15 years until its four licenses were suddenly revoked in May 1999 over a controversial royalty dispute, alleges that the agreements between the two companies were in fact illegal franchises, thereby nullifying the recent finding of an arbitration panel.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020