USA: Former Macy's West Chief Joins Fabria.com
Mr Steinberg was the chairman and CEO of Macy's West until January, 2000, a $4bn division of Federated Department Stores, which operates 99 Macy's Department stores in Arizona, California, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada and Minnesota.
During his tenure, Steinberg led the division to unprecedented sales and profit growth. From 1989 to 1993, Mr Steinberg served as president and chief executive officer of Foley's, the Houston-based division of the May Department Stores. At Foley's, he was responsible for merchandising, stores and sales promotion.
"I've known Mike for over 30 years, and he is a hands-on executive who understands merchandising and how to build successful teams. We look forward to having him join our board and lend his expertise," said David Tracy.
Michael Steinberg added: "When I was approached by David and Vikas, I was clearly intrigued by the possibilities that fabria could offer to the soft-goods industry. My research tells me that fabria has the right team, business and model to create compelling value propositions for both buyers and suppliers."
Fabria.com is a business-to-business exchange, providing an end-to-end solution to apparel and home furnishings manufacturers for the sourcing of piece goods, trim, accessories and finished packages. Fabria.com enables manufacturers to search for fabric based on numerous parameters, request samples, invite quotes and track delivery in a highly secure, customised and private environment. By logging onto fabria.com, suppliers can showcase their products to a pre-qualified audience worldwide, increase corporate visibility, and sell stock lots by private auction to a pre-determined group of buyers.
The fabria advisory board consists of executives with strong experience in the technology, textile, apparel and home furnishings industries. Mr Steinberg will be joining a strong group of experts including: Peter Scotese, former CEO of Spring Industries; Josie Natori, CEO and designer of the Natori Company; Jay Chaundhry, founder, CEO and president of CoreHarbor.com, among others.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022