USA: Former Macy's West Chief Joins Fabria.com
David Tracy, vice chairman of fabria.com, the b2b fabric and textile exchange for the apparel and home furnishings industries, announced today that Michael Steinberg, former chairman and chief executive officer of Macy's West, will be joining the company's advisory board effective immediately.Mr Steinberg was the chairman and CEO of Macy's West until January, 2000, a $4bn division of Federated Department Stores, which operates 99 Macy's Department stores in Arizona, California, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada and Minnesota. During his tenure, Steinberg led the division to unprecedented sales and profit growth. From 1989 to 1993, Mr Steinberg served as president and chief executive officer of Foley's, the Houston-based division of the May Department Stores. At Foley's, he was responsible for merchandising, stores and sales promotion."I've known Mike for over 30 years, and he is a hands-on executive who understands merchandising and how to build successful teams. We look forward to having him join our board and lend his expertise," said David Tracy.Michael Steinberg added: "When I was approached by David and Vikas, I was clearly intrigued by the possibilities that fabria could offer to the soft-goods industry. My research tells me that fabria has the right team, business and model to create compelling value propositions for both buyers and suppliers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022