USA: Former Macy's West Chief Joins Fabria.com
David Tracy, vice chairman of fabria.com, the b2b fabric and textile exchange for the apparel and home furnishings industries, announced today that Michael Steinberg, former chairman and chief executive officer of Macy's West, will be joining the company's advisory board effective immediately.Mr Steinberg was the chairman and CEO of Macy's West until January, 2000, a $4bn division of Federated Department Stores, which operates 99 Macy's Department stores in Arizona, California, Texas, New Mexico, Nevada and Minnesota. During his tenure, Steinberg led the division to unprecedented sales and profit growth. From 1989 to 1993, Mr Steinberg served as president and chief executive officer of Foley's, the Houston-based division of the May Department Stores. At Foley's, he was responsible for merchandising, stores and sales promotion."I've known Mike for over 30 years, and he is a hands-on executive who understands merchandising and how to build successful teams. We look forward to having him join our board and lend his expertise," said David Tracy.Michael Steinberg added: "When I was approached by David and Vikas, I was clearly intrigued by the possibilities that fabria could offer to the soft-goods industry. My research tells me that fabria has the right team, business and model to create compelling value propositions for both buyers and suppliers."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts