JAPAN: Former Sogo Chief Ordered To Pay Damages To Company
A court has ordered the former head of Sogo Co to pay 6.02bn yen ($54.2m) in damages to the company. The Tokyo District Court ruled that Hiroo Mizushima, former chairman of Sogo, and other managers had failed in their duties, resulting in losses to the retailer. The charges involve illegal transactions with an affiliated water equipment manufacturer, loans to a company in Turkey and illegal dividend payments.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022