UK: Former Topshop director linked with ethical fashion post
Former Topshop director Jane Shepherdson has been discussing a role at Oxfam's ethical fashion business.
Shepherdson, who received plaudits for her success at the high street retailer, has been negotiating a possible role with the charity, which has 750 shops that raise money to overcome poverty and suffering.
Oxfam confirmed to just-style that Shepherdson would advise on retail development at the charity, with talks ongoing.
She left her job as brand director of the high street chain last October, and is a long-term supporter of Oxfam.
Oxfam wants to reposition itself away from some of the negative stereotypes associated with charity shops in the UK, it has said.
Shepherdson will take on a mentoring role with Oxfam's senior retail team, with details of the relationship being firmed up in July.
Oxfam director of trading David McCullough said: "We are at an early stage of talking to Jane about her involvement but suffice to say we are delighted she would like to volunteer her time with us."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
One year after exposing what it described as "sweatshop" conditions in factories producing clothes for leading UK retailers, the charity War on Want claims workers in Bangladesh are still paid just GB...
Jane Shepherdson, the former brand director of Topshop, is in talks with Icelandic investor Baugur to head its Whistles women's wear chain according to UK media reports today (7 December)....
Sir Philip Green, boss of the Arcadia retail empire which includes Topshop, Burton and Dorothy Perkins, has hit out at criticism of the company's ethical trading policy from a Government Minister....
UK fashion retailer Topshop is planning to open its first store in China, targeting Shanghai's Superbrand Mall, according to reports....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Walmart snaps up online fashion firm ModCloth
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective