TAIWAN: Formosa Moves Fibre Production To Vietnam
In a bid to lower operating costs, Formosa Chemicals & Fibre Corp is moving production lines for textile products from Taiwan to its new plants in Vietnam, leaving around 400 workers jobless. In order to ensure jobs for domestic workers, the company, part of the Formosa Plastics Group, will be terminating contracts with foreign employees, who will be forced to return home.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores