TAIWAN: Formosa Taffeta Plant To Earn T$120m This Year
Formosa Taffeta Co said Monday that the firm's Zhongshan plant in Guangdong Province in mainland China would register a total revenue of T$1.5bn ($45m) in 2000, with pretax profit reaching T$120m ($3.6m). Formosa Taffeta expects its Zhongshan plant will rank as one of most profitable textile plants by Taiwanese manufacturers with operations in mainland China in 2000. Far East Textile Ltd's Shanghai plant is also thriving, it has registered an average pretax profit of 20m renminbi ($2.4m) per month since early 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022