NICARAGUA: Forum to showcase footwear production
Nicaragua is positioning itself as an increasingly competitive footwear production centre, with an international forum in June set to highlight investment opportunities.
'Nicaragua, The Right Step' will also include an overview of the international footwear market, industry trends, commerical footwear rules and market access.
The event, organised by ProNicaragua, will take place from 13-14 June in Managua. Representatives from footwear manufacturers, footwear brands and retailers from Brazil, the US and Italy are expected to attend.
Javier Chamorro Rubiales, executive director of PRONicaragua, says "the country's footwear sector has quickly become an important industry in the last two years and it is with efforts like these that we seek to continue promoting and developing this innovative sector".
The programme will also include visits to international footwear manufacturing companies in Nicaragua.
Brazilian women's footwear manufacturing company SCA Footwear is already making a foothold in Nicaragua with plans to invest up to US$25m and create 4,000 jobs. In addition, Brazilian shoe manufacturer Aniger plans to create 1,200 jobs and produce up to 10,000 pairs of shoes a day through its subsidiary Tecshoes.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Is China losing its edge as a US apparel supplier?
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report