UK: Fossil To Open Two Retail Outlets
By Deborah Bowyer Expanding watch company, Fossil, has announced it is opening two UK shops. The news comes in the same week that the consumer brand launched its new apparel and jeanswear ranges online. The first shop will open in Covent Garden, London and the other in the prestigious Bluewater shopping centre in Kent. Commenting on the announcement, Fossil's executive vice president Richard Gundy said: "Each of the general retail locations is expected to draw approximately 30 million people a year. "The exposure these two stores will bring to the Fossil brand will go a long way in accelerating our penetration into that market." The shops will sell Fossil's distinctive brand of watches, leather accessories and sunglasses. It is not clear whether they will carry the new apparel lines. Since its inception in 1984, the Fossil brand has grown from its original flagship watch product into a world-renowned fashion brand offering a diversified range of accessories. The brand image is reminiscent of `America in the 1950's'. Interesting details such as variations in the treatment of watch dials, crystals, cases, straps and bracelets are used.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022