UK: Fossil To Open Two Retail Outlets
By Deborah Bowyer Expanding watch company, Fossil, has announced it is opening two UK shops. The news comes in the same week that the consumer brand launched its new apparel and jeanswear ranges online. The first shop will open in Covent Garden, London and the other in the prestigious Bluewater shopping centre in Kent. Commenting on the announcement, Fossil's executive vice president Richard Gundy said: "Each of the general retail locations is expected to draw approximately 30 million people a year. "The exposure these two stores will bring to the Fossil brand will go a long way in accelerating our penetration into that market." The shops will sell Fossil's distinctive brand of watches, leather accessories and sunglasses. It is not clear whether they will carry the new apparel lines. Since its inception in 1984, the Fossil brand has grown from its original flagship watch product into a world-renowned fashion brand offering a diversified range of accessories. The brand image is reminiscent of `America in the 1950's'. Interesting details such as variations in the treatment of watch dials, crystals, cases, straps and bracelets are used.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020