USA: Frederick's Of Hollywood Announces Ownership Change
Frederick's of Hollywood has changed its ownership. Under the deal, the intimate apparel company has been sold to Wilshire Partners, a private investment firm based in Los Angeles. Details of the transaction are not available. "We are very excited to take over the ownership and management of Frederick's of Hollywood. This legendary company is one of the world's great brands and has tremendous potential," stated Yan Haghor, a principal with Wilshire Partners. Wilshire Partners purchased the company from the sponsor of the 1997 buyout that took the company private. The change in ownership, which has been under negotiation for several months, means the company will be solely owned and operated by Wilshire Partners. The change becomes effective immediately. Frederick's has been experiencing modest growth in recent years, and is in the midst of a strong brand revitalization. "This is an important time for the company; with the new owners we will continue our efforts to grow this great brand," stated Linda LoRe, CEO of Frederick's of Hollywood.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022