USA: Frederick's Of Hollywood Announces Ownership Change
Frederick's of Hollywood has changed its ownership. Under the deal, the intimate apparel company has been sold to Wilshire Partners, a private investment firm based in Los Angeles. Details of the transaction are not available. "We are very excited to take over the ownership and management of Frederick's of Hollywood. This legendary company is one of the world's great brands and has tremendous potential," stated Yan Haghor, a principal with Wilshire Partners. Wilshire Partners purchased the company from the sponsor of the 1997 buyout that took the company private. The change in ownership, which has been under negotiation for several months, means the company will be solely owned and operated by Wilshire Partners. The change becomes effective immediately. Frederick's has been experiencing modest growth in recent years, and is in the midst of a strong brand revitalization. "This is an important time for the company; with the new owners we will continue our efforts to grow this great brand," stated Linda LoRe, CEO of Frederick's of Hollywood.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Bangladesh urged to release garment union leaders
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022