USA: Freeborders Launches Web-Based Storyboard Module
The product, FB Storyboard, is part of the California-based company's next generation Product Lifecycle Management suite.
Using the program, retailers and brands can refine design concepts early in the product development process and then apply resources only to the styles that will actually be produced, reducing cycle time and cutting costs.
With its web basis, it also allows for all-important customer and global sales team feedback.
"FB Storyboard helps brands and retailers to organise creative product concepts within a collection and to accelerate concept adoption and the sourcing of raw materials," Invista Apparel Solutions global e-business manager Norman Beveridge said.
"We will use FB Storyboard, in concert with the Invista Online Fabric Library developed by Freeborders to provide access to over 35,000 fabrics from 500 mills in 40 countries.
"This is a critical network and resource for manufacturers all over the world."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Leapfrog (Leadership for European Apparel Production From Research along Original Guidelines) is an ambitious European research project aimed at collating and dissipating information across Europe's t...
Work clothing company Yakka has signed an agreement to use Freeborders' FB Product Manager, FB Fabric & Trim, and FB Workflow solutions. ...
Nylon maker Nilit is to purchase Invista's nylon apparel fibre facility in Oestringen, Germany and buy the entire nylon apparel fibre product produced by Invista at its plant in Gloucester, UK....
Fibres business Invista has appointed three new members to its board of directors to replace members who are leaving to join Georgia-Pacific....
Technology solutions company Freeborders has launched PLM Suite 3.5, the latest version of its Product Lifecycle Management software solution for retail that enables retailers to streamline developmen...
Fibers Mexico, an affiliate of fibre giant Invista, has bought Alfa's stake in its apparel business facility in Monterrey, Mexico. The financial terms of the sale were not disclosed....
Yarn maker Unifi Inc has reported an increased net loss for the fourth quarter of 2005, but said that it narrowed its loss for the 2005 financial year....
Fibre giant Invista BV and chemical maker EI du Pont de Nemours and Company have finalised the transfer of all DuPont's interest in joint venture company Grupo Centek to Fibers Mexico Holdings S de R ...
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022