UK: French Connection Accelerates Global Brand Expansion
D'Urban will initially open two flagship stores in Tokyo in 2001 followed by further standalone stores and concessions throughout the country.
Stephen Marks, chief executive said of the deal: "Securing a Japanese distributor creates a very exciting opportunity to significantly develop our Asian business with a substantial and experienced partner and builds on our existing activities in that region, namely Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Australia."
The company continues its expansion throughout the USA, with the recent opening of stores in Las Vegas and Phoenix and a further new store in Chicago that will open later this month. Its flagship store in San Francisco remains on track to open in Spring 2001.
The company has also opened its 14,000 sq ft flagship store in Oxford Street, London, the largest in its portfolio, on October 27.
"The USA continues to be a significant market for us and we are looking forward to giving our customers something different with the forthcoming San Francisco store. We are very pleased with the Oxford Street store, which has been trading well and its size and new store format enables us to present our full product range to the customer," Mr Marks concluded.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Icelandic retailer Baugur has increased its stake in fashion chain French Connection, which yesterday reported a 68 per cent slump in first-half pretax profit....
High-street fashion chain French Connection has warned that full-year profit will be at the lower end of predictions after it suffered a 69 per cent slump in profit during the first half of the year....
High-street fashion retailer French Connection Group Plc expects full-year pre-tax profit under to grow by £1.4 million to £33.7m, after it adopted International Financial Reporting Standards....
Branded and private apparel group Oxford Industries Inc has reported a 25 per cent hike in full-year earnings, driven by the success of the Tommy Bahama and Ben Sherman lifestyle brands....
Phoenix Footwear Group Inc has announced the acquisition of the assets of the Paradise Shoe Company LLC, which licenses the Tommy Bahama line of men's and women's footwear, hosiery and belts....
High-street fashion chain FCUK is advertising its spring and summer ranges online in collaboration with online instant messaging service Yahoo! Messenger....
High-street fashion chain French Connection Group Plc says it expects a plummet of up to 39 per cent in annual profit due to sluggish UK sales....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022