UK: French Connection Accelerates Global Brand Expansion
Fashion retailer French Connection today announced that it has signed an exclusive three year retail licence agreement with D'Urban Inc of Japan to distribute French Connection and FCUK products in Japan.D'Urban will initially open two flagship stores in Tokyo in 2001 followed by further standalone stores and concessions throughout the country.Stephen Marks, chief executive said of the deal: "Securing a Japanese distributor creates a very exciting opportunity to significantly develop our Asian business with a substantial and experienced partner and builds on our existing activities in that region, namely Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore and Australia."The company continues its expansion throughout the USA, with the recent opening of stores in Las Vegas and Phoenix and a further new store in Chicago that will open later this month. Its flagship store in San Francisco remains on track to open in Spring 2001.The company has also opened its 14,000 sq ft flagship store in Oxford Street, London, the largest in its portfolio, on October 27."The USA continues to be a significant market for us and we are looking forward to giving our customers something different with the forthcoming San Francisco store. We are very pleased with the Oxford Street store, which has been trading well and its size and new store format enables us to present our full product range to the customer," Mr Marks concluded.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth