UK: French Connection Ditches FCUK Ad Campaign
Fashion brand French Connection is scrapping its controversial FCUK logo from its advertising campaign, in favour of a more discreet approach.
The acronym is being ditched amid rumours over the brand's declining popularity with stockists and a drop in share prices.
The logo was the brainchild of ad-man Trevor Beattie, who realised its impact after seeing it on company stationery.
A company spokesman said French Connection was not dropping the logo itself.
He said: "It will continue to be a central part of our brand for the foreseeable future".
He added that the company's new campaign, which makes covert references to the brand with statements such as 'A word beginning with F,' demonstrates the success of the slogan.
Companies: French Connection Plc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The Great Bra War and Sweater Crisis has shown that Europe's retailers can be a lot better at whining than at working professionally together to avoid problems in the first place. Back in April, when ...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
High-street fashion chain French Connection is refusing to reimburse the owner of the dog starring in its latest advertising campaign....
Fashion retailer and wholesaler French Connection Group today (9 December) issued a profit warning saying that although retail sales have improved since September, this has not been sufficient to meet...
Struggling fashion chain French connection is at the centre of takeover speculation after Icelandic investor Baugur upped its stake in the business....
Fashion chain French Connection says it will markedly reduce the use of its much-debated fcuk slogan after suffering sales decreases....
UK clothing retailer Republic is in sales talks with Change Capital Partners, the buyout house founded by Luc Vandevelde, the former chairman and chief executive of Marks & Spencer....
Icelandic retailer Baugur has increased its stake in fashion chain French Connection, which yesterday reported a 68 per cent slump in first-half pretax profit....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022