UK: French Connection lifts FY profit forecast to GBP6.8m
Fashion retailer French Connection today (4 February) said its full-year profits would be higher than expected thanks to a strong performance in its wholesale and licensing units.
As a result, it pre-tax profits are likely to be at least GBP6.8m in the year to 31 January, beating earlier guidance for profits between GBP2.6m and GBP5.1m. This compares with last year’s profit of GBP1.0m.
But the retailer admitted its UK retail performance was in-line with figures given in November, when sales dropped 7.7%.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
As part of its ongoing strategy to expand the company's global footprint, Collective Brands' Performance + Lifestyle Group has signed a licensing and retail deal to launch its Stride Rite brand in Aus...
A strong performance in its global wholesale business has helped fashion retailer French Connection Group Plc to a 3.6% rise in first-quarter sales, but it says it remains cautious about the UK retail...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report