UK: French Connection to narrow full-year loss
The company's full-year loss before tax and exceptional items is expected to be around GBP4.7m
French Connection expects its full-year loss to be lower than last year, after the UK fashion retailer posted better-than-expected Christmas sales.
In a trading update, the company said UK/Europe retail sales and margin were both better than expected in December through January. The UK wholesale forward order book is strong, it added, and shipments have been ahead of last year.
Trading across the rest of the group's activities was broadly in-line with previous expectations.
French Connection expects loss before tax and exceptional items to be in the region of GBP4.7m (US$7.7m) for the full year, down on the prior year's GBP7.2m loss.
Canadean's "French Connection Group Plc - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 201...
- China undisputed giant of garment exports
- Cotton “too diverse” for fixed sustainability plan
- Three tipping points for RFID in fashion
- DENIM DAYS: Suppliers weigh up industry challenges
- Apparel buyers point to potential in Africa
- SOURCING: Global sourcing snapshots launched
- Nike criticised over Vietnam sourcing ethics
- Wal-Mart silent on Rana Plaza lawsuit
- Sae-A sets up Costa Rica's first spinning mill
- Nepal earthquake prompts Bangladesh factory checks