UK: French Connection to narrow full-year loss
The company's full-year loss before tax and exceptional items is expected to be around GBP4.7m
French Connection expects its full-year loss to be lower than last year, after the UK fashion retailer posted better-than-expected Christmas sales.
In a trading update, the company said UK/Europe retail sales and margin were both better than expected in December through January. The UK wholesale forward order book is strong, it added, and shipments have been ahead of last year.
Trading across the rest of the group's activities was broadly in-line with previous expectations.
French Connection expects loss before tax and exceptional items to be in the region of GBP4.7m (US$7.7m) for the full year, down on the prior year's GBP7.2m loss.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 201...
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- China's apparel sector ponders sustainability
- US textile and apparel trade and sourcing snapshot
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-term partnerships key to Adidas sourcing mode
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled