UK: French Connection to narrow full-year loss
The company's full-year loss before tax and exceptional items is expected to be around GBP4.7m
French Connection expects its full-year loss to be lower than last year, after the UK fashion retailer posted better-than-expected Christmas sales.
In a trading update, the company said UK/Europe retail sales and margin were both better than expected in December through January. The UK wholesale forward order book is strong, it added, and shipments have been ahead of last year.
Trading across the rest of the group's activities was broadly in-line with previous expectations.
French Connection expects loss before tax and exceptional items to be in the region of GBP4.7m (US$7.7m) for the full year, down on the prior year's GBP7.2m loss.
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 201...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report