UK: French Connection to narrow full-year loss
The company's full-year loss before tax and exceptional items is expected to be around GBP4.7m
French Connection expects its full-year loss to be lower than last year, after the UK fashion retailer posted better-than-expected Christmas sales.
In a trading update, the company said UK/Europe retail sales and margin were both better than expected in December through January. The UK wholesale forward order book is strong, it added, and shipments have been ahead of last year.
Trading across the rest of the group's activities was broadly in-line with previous expectations.
French Connection expects loss before tax and exceptional items to be in the region of GBP4.7m (US$7.7m) for the full year, down on the prior year's GBP7.2m loss.
Canadean's "French Connection Group Plc - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major produc...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 201...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015