INDIA: French menswear chain Celio to open first store
Men's ready-to-wear fashion brand Celio will open its first store in India on Saturday (December 13), at the DLF Place shopping centre in Delhi.
It follows last week's opening of three 'shop in shop' boutiques in two department store chains in the Indian capital - two in 'Pantaloon' and one in 'Central.'
Associated with local conglomerate, the Future Group, whose flagship subsidiary company is Pantaloon Retail, Celio's foray into the Indian market is set to continue in the coming months with the addition of a further 10 or so 'shop in shop' outlets.
Celio currently has close to 700 stores in around 50 countries, just under half of which are located in France, where up to 100 new outlets in the pipeline.
The retailer's international expansion also focuses on Eastern Europe with the company poised to open its first stores in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland.
By Stuart Todd.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Despite taking place against a gloomy economic backdrop, the IMB - World of Textile Processing trade show in Cologne last week certainly didn't disappoint when it came to new products and innovations....
Indian retailer Pantaloon Retail is being linked to an equity tie up with Carrefour, as the French retail giant holds talks with investors in the emerging market....
Management changes are afoot at bankrupt luxury clothing maker IT Holding Group, after it announced the departure of its CFO and named a new COO at its Ittierre unit....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Full-year profits at fashion retailer Etam plummeted by 73.5%, but first quarter like-for-like sales remained stable, edging up 0.1%, the company said....
Pantaloon Retail India, the country's largest retailer, plans to spin off its fashion and retail divisions into wholly owned subsidiaries in a bid to give it a "more focused approach."...
Liz Claiborne owned fashion and lifestyle brand Juicy Couture is opening its first intimate apparel store in June....
Lifestyle brand Tory Burch LLC is to sell its products in Korea and Japan after signing two new distribution deals....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar