GERMANY: Freudenberg's Norbert Dahlström Retires
A career at spanning more than 20 years at Freudenberg will come to an end in December. This is when Norbert Dahlström, board member and head of the Freudenberg Group's nonwovens business, is to retire. Mr Dahlström, aged 64, has not only made a mark on Freudenberg's nonwovens and household products divisions, but on the worldwide nonwovens sector as well. He was responsible for expanding both business groups and, under his guidance, Freudenberg quintupled its sales in these areas to more than DM2.5 billion. He substantially expanded the company's presence in Asia too. As the marketing expert on Freudenberg's board, Mr Dahlström also helped to modernise and integrate the group's diversified corporate image. Outside Freudenberg, Mr Dahlström represented the interests of the company on the boards of the European Disposables & Nonwovens Trade Association for Europe (EDANA), and the Federation of German Textile Industries. In recognition of his achievements for the German Textile Industry, Mr Dahlström will be awarded the Ribbon Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany this month. He also contributes his professional and international experience to the advisory board of the German Ministry of Industry and Technology.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report