USA: Frisby Brings New COMFORTEMP Nonwovens to Market
Frisby Technologies Inc, the developer of COMFORTEMP materials, yesterday announced it has completed development of a new material - COMFORTEMP NONWOVENS - and that the material is ready to begin full-scale production and sale.
The launch is the most significant new product introduction since the company introduced its top-selling line of COMFORTEMP foam materials and completes a five-fold increase in the number of COMFORTEMP materials available from the company.
This patent-pending nonwoven material was developed through the collaborative efforts of Frisby Technologies and the world's leading manufacturer of nonwoven materials, Freudenberg Vliesstoffe KG of Wienheim, Germany.
Freudenberg will manufacture the material exclusively for sale by Frisby and Frisby's affiliates. The material has applications in each of Frisby's target markets, including as insulation and linings for apparel, footwear, bedding and home furnishings.
Consumer products containing these new materials may be available at retail as early as late 2001 through a limited number of launch customers, with wide availability expected for the Autumn/Winter 2002 season.
Commenting on today's announcement, Greg Frisby, chairman and chief executive officer of Frisby Technologies, said: "We look forward to a long partnership with Freudenberg as we continue to aggressively deliver temperature-balancing solutions to consumer, commercial and industrial products."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022