USA: Frisby Technologies Files Demand For Arbitration
Frisby Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: FRIZ) has filed a Demand For Arbitration against one of its licensors, Outlast Technologies, Inc of Boulder Colorado, before the American Arbitration Association related to the interpretation of certain clauses in the Frisby-Outlast License Agreement. Frisby subsequently received a letter from Outlast attempting to revoke the license. Further, Outlast separately filed a complaint against Frisby in US District Court, District of Colorado, alleging patent infringement based upon the same facts that are the subject of the arbitration. Frisby has notified Outlast that Frisby is not in breach of the license agreement and also that Outlast has no right to terminate that agreement. The company will continue to conduct all business as usual pending the outcome of the arbitrators' decision. Outlast is one of several licensors to the company. The company's license from Outlast provides Frisby with certain exclusive rights related to the use of foams attached to fibers or fabric. Foams not attached to fabric, as well as all non-foam ComforTemp branded materials including the recently launched line of leather products using ComforTemp DCC materials, Steele brand products, and Extreme Comfort brand products are not involved in this current dispute. Commenting on the matter, Greg Frisby, chairman and CEO of Frisby Technologies said: "It is unfortunate that one of our licensors has taken this unwarranted action since Frisby has at all times acted in full compliance with the license. Frisby initiated the arbitration based upon the certainty of its position and will vigorously defend itself against unfounded allegations." Frisby Technologies is a global leader in the development of dynamic thermal management solutions for the apparel, footwear and sporting goods, packaging, home furnishings, healthcare and electronics industries. For more information, contact Frisby Technologies at (877) 444-COMFORT, visit the ComforTemp® web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack