USA: Fruit Of The Loom Close To Finding Buyer
Fruit of the Loom Ltd, the 130-year-old Chicago-based apparel group that filed for bankruptcy protection in late 1999, is thought to be close to finding a buyer. A story filed by The Deal LLC says that creditors controlling the company chose a buyer late last week. The article says that although the buyer has not been named, "some observers speculated that Berkshire Hathaway Inc filed a late bid that bested three competing proposals that were likely not better than $750 million each. A spokeswoman for Omaha-based Berkshire declined to comment."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020