USA: Fruit Of The Loom Close To Finding Buyer
Fruit of the Loom Ltd, the 130-year-old Chicago-based apparel group that filed for bankruptcy protection in late 1999, is thought to be close to finding a buyer. A story filed by The Deal LLC says that creditors controlling the company chose a buyer late last week. The article says that although the buyer has not been named, "some observers speculated that Berkshire Hathaway Inc filed a late bid that bested three competing proposals that were likely not better than $750 million each. A spokeswoman for Omaha-based Berkshire declined to comment."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack