US: Fruit of the Loom to cut 600 jobs with plant closure
Apparel manufacturer Fruit of the Loom is to lay off more than 600 workers with the closure of its facility in Jamestown, Kentucky.
The move, which will affect 601 employees, is part of the company's "ongoing efforts to align its global supply chain" to enable it to "leverage existing investments and meet customer requirements more timely and cost effectively".
"This decision is in no way a reflection on the dedication and efforts of the employees in our Jamestown facility, but is a result of a competitive global business environment," said Fruit of the Loom COO and executive vice president, Tony Pelaski.
The phase-down is due to start on or around 8 June and will be completed by 31 December, the company added.
Affected employees will be given a 60-day notice in accordance with the Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN).
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
Fruit of the Loom has agreed a deal with Parkdale America that will see it sell its US yarn spinning operations to the company which will then provide new state-of-the-art cotton and cotton blended ya...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
The Intimate Apparel market in the US comprises of intimate apparel for both men and women. Intimate apparel products include underwear, bra, panty, sleepwear, daywear, and shapewear....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hosiery (Women and Men) both in value (US$) and in volume (Pairs) by the following Product Segments: Socks, Sheer Hosiery, and Tights/Opaques....
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
The RFID tagging of apparel is now the largest and fastest growing application of RFID in retailing, the retail supply chain and associated industries. About 100 organizations are tagging apparel in t...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024