US: Fruit of the Loom to cut 600 jobs with plant closure
Apparel manufacturer Fruit of the Loom is to lay off more than 600 workers with the closure of its facility in Jamestown, Kentucky.
The move, which will affect 601 employees, is part of the company's "ongoing efforts to align its global supply chain" to enable it to "leverage existing investments and meet customer requirements more timely and cost effectively".
"This decision is in no way a reflection on the dedication and efforts of the employees in our Jamestown facility, but is a result of a competitive global business environment," said Fruit of the Loom COO and executive vice president, Tony Pelaski.
The phase-down is due to start on or around 8 June and will be completed by 31 December, the company added.
Affected employees will be given a 60-day notice in accordance with the Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN).
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hosiery (Women and Men) both in value (US$) and in volume (Pairs) by the following Product Segments: Socks, Sheer Hosiery, and Tights/Opaques....
Apparel manufacturer Fruit of the Loom is investing in doubling the size of its Berkeley County distribution centre, as the company continues its efforts to align its global supply chain....
Plimsoll Publishing’s CLOTHING MANUFACTURERS (European) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CLOTHING MANUFACTURERS (European) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the to...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies