US: Fruit of the Loom to cut 600 jobs with plant closure
Apparel manufacturer Fruit of the Loom is to lay off more than 600 workers with the closure of its facility in Jamestown, Kentucky.
The move, which will affect 601 employees, is part of the company's "ongoing efforts to align its global supply chain" to enable it to "leverage existing investments and meet customer requirements more timely and cost effectively".
"This decision is in no way a reflection on the dedication and efforts of the employees in our Jamestown facility, but is a result of a competitive global business environment," said Fruit of the Loom COO and executive vice president, Tony Pelaski.
The phase-down is due to start on or around 8 June and will be completed by 31 December, the company added.
Affected employees will be given a 60-day notice in accordance with the Workers Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN).
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
The Intimate Apparel market in the US comprises of intimate apparel for both men and women. Intimate apparel products include underwear, bra, panty, sleepwear, daywear, and shapewear....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015