US: Fruit of the Loom to cut jobs - reports
Nearly 280 Fruit of the Loom apparel workers in Alabama are to lose their jobs after the company decided to relocate to its corporate headquarters in Bowling Green Kentucky.
According to local media reports, the company, a unit of investor Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, says the relocation is an attempt to "streamline processes and control costs."
The jobs under threat include business planning, purchasing, customer service, finance, and telemarketing roles.
T-shirt and casualwear maker Russell Athletic has agreed to open a new apparel factory in the Choloma area of Honduras following university boycotts in the US and UK....
The slowdown in consumer spending has hit sales at Fruit of the Loom, the apparel business controlled by billionaire Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, the company said last week....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies