US: Fruit of the Loom to cut jobs - reports
Nearly 280 Fruit of the Loom apparel workers in Alabama are to lose their jobs after the company decided to relocate to its corporate headquarters in Bowling Green Kentucky.
According to local media reports, the company, a unit of investor Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, says the relocation is an attempt to "streamline processes and control costs."
The jobs under threat include business planning, purchasing, customer service, finance, and telemarketing roles.
T-shirt and casualwear maker Russell Athletic has agreed to open a new apparel factory in the Choloma area of Honduras following university boycotts in the US and UK....
The slowdown in consumer spending has hit sales at Fruit of the Loom, the apparel business controlled by billionaire Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, the company said last week....
- INTERVIEW: Crystal CEO rises to the challenges
- Li & Fung: China consumption to bring major change
- Pacific Crystal Textiles gears up for production
- Innovation and e-commerce key to Nike's growth
- Growth in smart garments and wearable technology
- China apparel interns in forced labour conditions
- Adidas taps Nike designers for new creative studio
- Addressing anaemia key to Cambodia productivity
- Chinese firm to invest in Ethiopian textile plant
- Activists slam dismissals at Sri Lanka shoe firm