US: Fruit of the Loom to cut jobs - reports
Nearly 280 Fruit of the Loom apparel workers in Alabama are to lose their jobs after the company decided to relocate to its corporate headquarters in Bowling Green Kentucky.
According to local media reports, the company, a unit of investor Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, says the relocation is an attempt to "streamline processes and control costs."
The jobs under threat include business planning, purchasing, customer service, finance, and telemarketing roles.
T-shirt and casualwear maker Russell Athletic has agreed to open a new apparel factory in the Choloma area of Honduras following university boycotts in the US and UK....
The slowdown in consumer spending has hit sales at Fruit of the Loom, the apparel business controlled by billionaire Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, the company said last week....
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard
- US Q1 in brief: VF Corp, Carter's, Skechers
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"