US: Fruit of the Loom to cut jobs - reports
Nearly 280 Fruit of the Loom apparel workers in Alabama are to lose their jobs after the company decided to relocate to its corporate headquarters in Bowling Green Kentucky.
According to local media reports, the company, a unit of investor Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, says the relocation is an attempt to "streamline processes and control costs."
The jobs under threat include business planning, purchasing, customer service, finance, and telemarketing roles.
T-shirt and casualwear maker Russell Athletic has agreed to open a new apparel factory in the Choloma area of Honduras following university boycotts in the US and UK....
The slowdown in consumer spending has hit sales at Fruit of the Loom, the apparel business controlled by billionaire Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, the company said last week....
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration