US: Fruit of the Loom to cut jobs - reports
Nearly 280 Fruit of the Loom apparel workers in Alabama are to lose their jobs after the company decided to relocate to its corporate headquarters in Bowling Green Kentucky.
According to local media reports, the company, a unit of investor Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, says the relocation is an attempt to "streamline processes and control costs."
The jobs under threat include business planning, purchasing, customer service, finance, and telemarketing roles.
T-shirt and casualwear maker Russell Athletic has agreed to open a new apparel factory in the Choloma area of Honduras following university boycotts in the US and UK....
The slowdown in consumer spending has hit sales at Fruit of the Loom, the apparel business controlled by billionaire Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc, the company said last week....
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- M&S continuing to drive sustainability agenda
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty