USA: FTADirect Acquires FiberMatch
FTADirect ( www.ftadirect.com ), a leading business-to-business (B2B) marketplace for the fiber, textiles, and apparel industries, today announced the acquisition of FiberMatch LLC. FTADirect, will consolidate all the assets and management team of FiberMatch, a B2B procurement site for the textiles industry. "This deal is a win-win situation for both of our companies given the consolidating business environment for business-to-business startups," says Nick Hahn, chairman of FTADirect, formerly president and CEO of Cotton Inc. "With Alf Sherk joining us as president, this acquisition positions us to become a dominant player in the industry sectors we have chosen to focus on." "This deal pools our collective resources and will enable us to deliver a more value-added solution to companies in the softgoods industries ahead of schedule," says Alf Sherk, chairman and CEO of FiberMatch. Sherk previously founded e-Chemicals, a B2B marketplace for the chemicals industry now owned by Internet Capital Group. e-Chemicals was recently named among the top 10 of all B2B sites by AMR Research. Prior to founding e-Chemicals, Mr Sherk worked for 16 years at Dow Chemical Company in sales and marketing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack