USA: FTADirect Acquires FiberMatch
FTADirect ( www.ftadirect.com ), a leading business-to-business (B2B) marketplace for the fiber, textiles, and apparel industries, today announced the acquisition of FiberMatch LLC. FTADirect, will consolidate all the assets and management team of FiberMatch, a B2B procurement site for the textiles industry. "This deal is a win-win situation for both of our companies given the consolidating business environment for business-to-business startups," says Nick Hahn, chairman of FTADirect, formerly president and CEO of Cotton Inc. "With Alf Sherk joining us as president, this acquisition positions us to become a dominant player in the industry sectors we have chosen to focus on." "This deal pools our collective resources and will enable us to deliver a more value-added solution to companies in the softgoods industries ahead of schedule," says Alf Sherk, chairman and CEO of FiberMatch. Sherk previously founded e-Chemicals, a B2B marketplace for the chemicals industry now owned by Internet Capital Group. e-Chemicals was recently named among the top 10 of all B2B sites by AMR Research. Prior to founding e-Chemicals, Mr Sherk worked for 16 years at Dow Chemical Company in sales and marketing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar