USA: FTADirect Acquires FiberMatch
FTADirect ( www.ftadirect.com ), a leading business-to-business (B2B) marketplace for the fiber, textiles, and apparel industries, today announced the acquisition of FiberMatch LLC. FTADirect, will consolidate all the assets and management team of FiberMatch, a B2B procurement site for the textiles industry. "This deal is a win-win situation for both of our companies given the consolidating business environment for business-to-business startups," says Nick Hahn, chairman of FTADirect, formerly president and CEO of Cotton Inc. "With Alf Sherk joining us as president, this acquisition positions us to become a dominant player in the industry sectors we have chosen to focus on." "This deal pools our collective resources and will enable us to deliver a more value-added solution to companies in the softgoods industries ahead of schedule," says Alf Sherk, chairman and CEO of FiberMatch. Sherk previously founded e-Chemicals, a B2B marketplace for the chemicals industry now owned by Internet Capital Group. e-Chemicals was recently named among the top 10 of all B2B sites by AMR Research. Prior to founding e-Chemicals, Mr Sherk worked for 16 years at Dow Chemical Company in sales and marketing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores