USA: FTADirect Appoints Chief Executive Officer
FTADirect www.ftadirect.com , a business-to-business marketplace for the fiber, textiles, and finished goods supply chain, today announced the appointment of Alf Sherk to the position of chief executive officer. Sherk, founder of e-Chemicals, joined FTADirect in June following FTADirect's acquisition of FiberMatch.com. "Alf Sherk has exceptional vision and aptitude in building Internet marketplace infrastructure, and he will strengthen our competitive advantage in this essential measure of online performance," said Nick Hahn, chairman of FTADirect and founder and former CEO of Cotton Inc. "His successful B2B track record strategically positions FTADirect to lead the e-business revolution within the softgoods industry. In his new role as CEO, Sherk will be guiding the company's strategic direction. Prior to joining FTADirect, Sherk founded e-Chemicals, a business-to-business exchange for the chemicals industry that was named among the top ten B2B sites by AMR Research. e-Chemicals provides end-to-end supply chain solutions for the chemical industry, linking raw materials providers, chemical manufacturers, channel intermediaries and chemical purchasers. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, e-Chemicals is a partner company of Internet Capital Group. Before founding e-Chemicals, Sherk served for 16 years at Dow Chemical Co in sales and marketing. Sherk holds a BS in Chemical Engineering from Queen's University in Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective