USA: FTADirect Appoints Chief Executive Officer
FTADirect www.ftadirect.com , a business-to-business marketplace for the fiber, textiles, and finished goods supply chain, today announced the appointment of Alf Sherk to the position of chief executive officer. Sherk, founder of e-Chemicals, joined FTADirect in June following FTADirect's acquisition of FiberMatch.com. "Alf Sherk has exceptional vision and aptitude in building Internet marketplace infrastructure, and he will strengthen our competitive advantage in this essential measure of online performance," said Nick Hahn, chairman of FTADirect and founder and former CEO of Cotton Inc. "His successful B2B track record strategically positions FTADirect to lead the e-business revolution within the softgoods industry. In his new role as CEO, Sherk will be guiding the company's strategic direction. Prior to joining FTADirect, Sherk founded e-Chemicals, a business-to-business exchange for the chemicals industry that was named among the top ten B2B sites by AMR Research. e-Chemicals provides end-to-end supply chain solutions for the chemical industry, linking raw materials providers, chemical manufacturers, channel intermediaries and chemical purchasers. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, e-Chemicals is a partner company of Internet Capital Group. Before founding e-Chemicals, Sherk served for 16 years at Dow Chemical Co in sales and marketing. Sherk holds a BS in Chemical Engineering from Queen's University in Canada.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar