USA: FTADirect Chairman To Address International Conference
FTADirect ( www.ftadirect.com ),the business process network for the global soft goods industry, announced today that its chairman Nick Hahn has been invited to speak at the International Trade Manufacturers Federation Annual Conference, September 23 - 27 in Cape Town, South Africa. The conference, the theme of which is "Challenges of the Global Textile Market", will explore the prospects for textiles in the new millennium, both in Africa and in the rest of the world. Hahn will urge dozens of trade associations from around the world to embrace the business technologies and innovations that facilitate global trade in an information-based economy. One of the world's oldest industries, textiles represents a $1 trillion sector of international commerce. "Business has historically struggled to balance global reach with singular service," says Hahn, considered a visionary by economists familiar with textile trade. "This conference will provide a valuable opportunity to demonstrate how the Internet can help create new global business relationships while strengthening existing ones. I am honored to be able to present how FTADirect has used information technology to facilitate collaborative commerce within the soft goods industry." FTADirect was founded in 1999 with the goal of streamlining inter- and intra-company business processes within the global soft goods industry. Since the first of its collaborative commerce products, Custom Global Sourcing, launched in August, FTADirect has hosted more than $22m in transactions. Hahn, named one of the century's most influential people by TextileWorld Magazine, is the founder and former CEO of Cotton, Inc, a research and marketing organization funded by American cotton producers and importers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack