USA: FTADirect Chairman To Address International Conference
FTADirect ( www.ftadirect.com ),the business process network for the global soft goods industry, announced today that its chairman Nick Hahn has been invited to speak at the International Trade Manufacturers Federation Annual Conference, September 23 - 27 in Cape Town, South Africa. The conference, the theme of which is "Challenges of the Global Textile Market", will explore the prospects for textiles in the new millennium, both in Africa and in the rest of the world. Hahn will urge dozens of trade associations from around the world to embrace the business technologies and innovations that facilitate global trade in an information-based economy. One of the world's oldest industries, textiles represents a $1 trillion sector of international commerce. "Business has historically struggled to balance global reach with singular service," says Hahn, considered a visionary by economists familiar with textile trade. "This conference will provide a valuable opportunity to demonstrate how the Internet can help create new global business relationships while strengthening existing ones. I am honored to be able to present how FTADirect has used information technology to facilitate collaborative commerce within the soft goods industry." FTADirect was founded in 1999 with the goal of streamlining inter- and intra-company business processes within the global soft goods industry. Since the first of its collaborative commerce products, Custom Global Sourcing, launched in August, FTADirect has hosted more than $22m in transactions. Hahn, named one of the century's most influential people by TextileWorld Magazine, is the founder and former CEO of Cotton, Inc, a research and marketing organization funded by American cotton producers and importers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020