USA: FTADirect Chairman To Address International Conference
FTADirect ( www.ftadirect.com ),the business process network for the global soft goods industry, announced today that its chairman Nick Hahn has been invited to speak at the International Trade Manufacturers Federation Annual Conference, September 23 - 27 in Cape Town, South Africa. The conference, the theme of which is "Challenges of the Global Textile Market", will explore the prospects for textiles in the new millennium, both in Africa and in the rest of the world. Hahn will urge dozens of trade associations from around the world to embrace the business technologies and innovations that facilitate global trade in an information-based economy. One of the world's oldest industries, textiles represents a $1 trillion sector of international commerce. "Business has historically struggled to balance global reach with singular service," says Hahn, considered a visionary by economists familiar with textile trade. "This conference will provide a valuable opportunity to demonstrate how the Internet can help create new global business relationships while strengthening existing ones. I am honored to be able to present how FTADirect has used information technology to facilitate collaborative commerce within the soft goods industry." FTADirect was founded in 1999 with the goal of streamlining inter- and intra-company business processes within the global soft goods industry. Since the first of its collaborative commerce products, Custom Global Sourcing, launched in August, FTADirect has hosted more than $22m in transactions. Hahn, named one of the century's most influential people by TextileWorld Magazine, is the founder and former CEO of Cotton, Inc, a research and marketing organization funded by American cotton producers and importers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report