USA: Fujitsu Completes POS Rollout At Nordstrom
IT solutions provider Fujitsu Transaction Solutions Inc has completed the rollout of its point-of-sale technology replacement for leading specialty retailer Nordstrom.
The contract, announced in January 2002, covered more than 150 US stores, which were transformed with new TeamPOS 2000 POS terminals, GlobalSTORE software and professional installation services.
The new store systems technology is assisting salespeople to improve the transaction flow at POS. Jan Walsh, vice president and business information officer for Nordstrom, said: "By coupling Fujitsu's software and hardware, we have a platform capable of delivering new functionality to the point of service."
To ensure that all equipment works flawlessly, all Fujitsu POS terminals were integrated and tested in the company's Foothill Ranch, California staging and integration facility.
Nordstrom Inc is one of the nation's leading fashion specialty retailers, with 152 US stores located in the US.
Fujitsu Transaction Solutions Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited, is an IT 'lifecycle solutions' provider for consumer transaction environments.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts