USA: Full Line Distributors, Inc. to Relocate Sewing Operations as Part Of Efficiency Enhancement Program
Full Line Distributors, Inc. (Amex: FLD), a national distributor and manufacturer of imprintable and decorable sportswear, today announced that it will relocate the sewing operations of its L.A. T Sportswear Division which are currently being performed at its plant in Ball Ground, Georgia, to its facility in Roberta, Georgia or sourced to offshore contractors."We are taking this action because the available supply of sewing operators in the Ball Ground area has decreased significantly over the past several years, and the operating efficiencies of the Company can benefit from the consolidation of sewing activities in Roberta and an expansion in product sourcing from other countries," stated Isador Mitzner, Chief Executive Officer of Full Line Distributors, Inc. "This is consistent with our strategic positioning as a low-cost producer and distributor within the decorable sportswear industry.""The Ball Ground facility will continue to serve as a warehousing and distribution center and for the inspection and quality control of products sourced outside of the United States," continued Mitzner. "We expect the Company to realize a net cost savings from the relocation of its Ball Ground sewing activities."Full Line Distributors, Inc. distributes basic T-shirts and sweatshirts, golf shirts, baseball and golf caps, athletic jerseys, jackets, shorts, bags and aprons. Some of the nationally known brands distributed by the Company include Fruit of the Loom®, Hanes®, Jerzees® and Jonathan Corey®. The Company also manufactures sportswear under the brand names L.A. T Sportswear®, L.A. T For Kids®, Rabbit Skins® and Woodbridge. Full Line Distributors, Inc. is headquartered in Ball Ground, Georgia, and operates distribution and/or manufacturing facilities in Georgia, Ohio, California, Texas, Florida and Missouri.Additional information on the Company and its products can be accessed on the World Wide Web at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020