Fung Kids buys Petit Bateau retailer
The retail arm of the Fung Group has acquired Hong Kong-based Kids Designers Club, an exclusive retailer in Hong Kong and Singapore of children’s apparel brand Petit Bateau.
The deal, made by Fung Kids Investment, a subsidiary of Fung Retailing, with Imaginasia Group, was made “in line with Fung Retailing’s strategy to grow its portfolio of baby and children brands in Asia”, the company said.
It added: “It will further strengthen the group’s capabilities in retailing and create significant synergies within its existing retail business in Greater China and south-east Asia.”
The purchase follows last November’s acquisition by Fung Kids of the rights to distribute Petit Bateau in mainland China – making Funk Kids the exclusive authorised retailer of the French apparel brand in mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Macau.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar