UK: Future Looks Bright For Matalan
Value retailer Matalan says its store opening schedule for this year is going better than expected and business is brisk. The Lancashire-based company, whose customers pay a £1 fee for lifetime membership, has added 22 stores across the country this year, bringing the total to 121. Matalan has declined to confirm reports that it could be looking at plans to open two megastores in the Newcastle and Sheffield areas within two years. A Matalan spokesman said: "At this stage, there are no further details available for the development of stores for 2001. "While there are a number of options under consideration, there are no confirmed sites at this stage." The spokesman added: "The current schedule for 2000 is going better than expected."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth