UK: Future Looks Bright For Matalan
Value retailer Matalan says its store opening schedule for this year is going better than expected and business is brisk. The Lancashire-based company, whose customers pay a £1 fee for lifetime membership, has added 22 stores across the country this year, bringing the total to 121. Matalan has declined to confirm reports that it could be looking at plans to open two megastores in the Newcastle and Sheffield areas within two years. A Matalan spokesman said: "At this stage, there are no further details available for the development of stores for 2001. "While there are a number of options under consideration, there are no confirmed sites at this stage." The spokesman added: "The current schedule for 2000 is going better than expected."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022